21Dual structures: the ‘ideal retirement strategy’?
- ... trusts have “always been” important structures when it comes to business, tax and estate planning, Mr Hor said the fact that tax-free pensions amounts are now capped, while transition-to-retirement incom ...
- 05 February 2018 in Retirement planning
22Retirement income test draws OECD’s ire
- ... or not), like Chile, Italy, Latvia and Mexico. “The introduction of the Transition-To-Retirement Income Stream (TRIS) made it possible to gradually reduce working hours while withdrawing part of the ...
- 14 December 2017 in Retirement planning
23Navigating the transition into aged care ...
- Moving into an aged care facility or retirement home can be stressful, both financially and emotionally, making it all the more important to prepare adequately for the change. Planning for your later ...
- 30 June 2017 in Retirement planning
24What the looming super reforms mean for your retirement
- ... which is subject to a tax rate of 15 per cent on fund earnings. Additionally, individuals with transition to retirement pension accounts will be levied with 15 per cent tax on investment earnings. It ...
- 08 February 2017 in Superannuation
25I’m ten years from retirement, what should I do with my savings?
- ... contributions as a plan for retirement. Yes, this is a basic strategy and it works. With recent federal budget changes, the days of transition-to-retirement pensions are pretty much gone. What can you ...
- 15 September 2016 in Spending
26Decade by decade: how to plan for a rich retirement
- ... succession planning For those who own their own business, a thoughtful succession plan enables a smooth transition to a new owner. Yet many business owners just don’t do it, or do it poorly. You’ve worked ...
- 05 July 2016 in Retirement planning
27The financial toll of ‘grandparent generation’ divorces
- ... own set of challenges, which she referred to as a “grey divorce”. “With grey divorces, you have this unusual transition where a couple changes from having a joint objective for their finances and assets ...
- 28 August 2019 in Retirement planning
28Unlisted property: The asset class every investor needs to know about
- ... For example, tax-deferred distributions received before retirement may effectively be received tax free if the units are disposed of after transitioning to pension phase. An array of assets and different ...
- 24 August 2019 in Property
29Why green is good for savvy investors
- ... e transition to a 100 per cent renewable powered energy sector by 2030. Despite evidence of stronger returns, Nest Egg has shown that Australians aged between 53 to 72 are the most likely to regard soci ...
- 02 August 2019 in Property
305 reasons a financial adviser is a worthy investment
- ... transition to retirement cycle”, it was flagged. -- Commenting on the report’s overall findings, Ms Hampshire said that a 4.4 per cent per annum contrast in investment outcomes could mean the difference ...
- 22 July 2019 in Spending
31How to retire well: Guide to setting up your SMSF
- ... only when the trust requires an actuarial certificate to claim tax concessions. Such instances include: When at least one member commences retirement When one or more members commences a transition ...
- 17 July 2019 in Self managed super fund
32How to prevent big losses in a relationship breakdown
- ... protect themselves? Pekada’s co-founder and principal adviser, Pete Pennicott, said: “Navigating the sticky situation that divorce often becomes is no small feat, but there are ways to make the transition ...
- 05 July 2019 in How to budget
33What savvy investors consider before moving abroad
- ... general manager of Mortgage Express Australia Vicky Devine has shared some general advice to help Aussies successfully transition abroad. Consider your retirement plans Retirees can benefit from a ...
- 21 June 2019 in Retirement planning
34How to maximise your superannuation this EOFY
- ... anyone who has reached “preservation age” (55 for those born before 1 July 1960), can start a “transition to retirement income stream” (TRIS) and draw up to a maximum of 10% of their account balance each ...
- 12 June 2019 in Superannuation
35How to get your super
- ... There are three conditions of release that will legally allow you to access super. These are: Full retirement upon reaching preservation age Commencing a transition to retirement income stream (TRIS) ...
- 23 May 2019 in Superannuation
36How to Choose a Super Fund
- ... eligibility for certain benefits, such as commencing a transition to retirement income stream (TRIS). Below are the different types of super funds and their common features. Public Sector Funds ...
- 17 May 2019 in Superannuation
37The major bank set to exit face-to-face financial advice
- ... 175 BT Financial Advice (BTFA) salaried advisers and other management and support staff. Viridian Advisory will also commence supporting many ongoing advice customers who consent to transition from the ...
- 19 March 2019 in Retirement planning
38The top questions Australians ask about superannuation
- ... used to commence a retirement income stream, which receives both a tax exemption on earnings, and has no maximum pension restriction. “This may be more flexible and tax efficient than using a ‘transition ...
- 11 March 2019 in Superannuation
39Segregated v unsegregated funds
- ... account. Transition to retirement income stream (TRIS) are also reverted to accumulation phase, according to the changes in regulations in 2017. Comparing segregated and unsegregated funds The table ...
- 10 January 2019 in Self managed super fund
40Investors blindsided by tax from super withdrawals
- ... and, importantly, retires; has reached preservation age and begun a transition-to-retirement income stream; stopped employment on or after the age of 60; is 65 years old or has died. Other special circumstances ...
- 08 January 2019 in Self managed super fund