21Property investors bullish on the market
- ... cent of investors expressed the opinion that coastal locations are the most appealing place to buy, while investors previously scared by the mining collapse are cautious of mining towns, with just 1 per ...
- 04 October 2019 in Property
22Freelancing Series: Charging per hour or per project?
- ... hours. Should you charge per hour or per project? There are differing opinions on which between charging on a per project or hourly basis is the fair pricing model. But before discussing how to price ...
- 03 October 2019 in Side hustle
23Are we reaching the end of the monetary policy rope?
- ... Bank of Australia’s (RBA) governor has “virtually” said monetary policy in Australia is no longer effective, and the institute has expressed the opinion that such an economic burden should be taken up ...
- 02 October 2019 in Cash
24School banking under scrutiny
- ... while children are at school and through to later years. Community opinions will help inform the regulator’s development of high-level principles on the implementation of school banking programs, it ...
- 01 October 2019 in Savings account
25Reporting season winners and losers: Where to invest
- The August reporting season revealed markets facing low growth, low interest rates and falling consumer confidence, but one portfolio manager has indicated that it is still possible for investors to get ...
- 09 September 2019 in Stock market
26Welcome to the new nestegg!
- ... to readers and will encompass news, original content, resources and expert opinions from those working in the industry. If you haven’t subscribed yet to our free daily newsletters, you can do so here! ...
- 04 September 2019 in Earn
273 simple ways to get good advice
- ... the difference between opinions and advice. “Put simply, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, they often lack the weight of evidence to make them valuable,” according to Mr Waters. “On the ...
- 30 August 2019 in Retirement Planning
28Weathering a weak sharemarket: 6 tips for investors
- ... so) is unlikely, and given that shares are cheap relative to bonds, we continue to see sharemarkets as being higher on a six to 12-month horizon”. Tempering his opinion on the likelihood of a recession ...
- 26 August 2019 in Stock market
29Trading in the era of Twitter
- ... the US and China, his opinion on cryptocurrencies, and advice for investors when the market is moving in a downward direction. Thanks, Gurdas, for sharing your insights with the nestegg podcast team! ...
- 20 August 2019 in Podcast
30Commercial property presents new opportunities for avid investors
- ... signs, with yields tightening in most locations even where the economic fundamentals, such as the resource-driven Perth and Brisbane, remain under some pressure,” he said. In Mr Street’s opinion, it’s ...
- 16 August 2019 in Property
31Bitcoin and why we ‘ain’t seen nothing yet’
- ... Aleks reveals why he continues to buy Bitcoin every day, his opinion on the stigma surrounding cryptocurrencies and the difference between Bitcoin now and in its peak. He also discusses his thoughts ...
- 06 August 2019 in Podcast
32The big challenges Scott Morrison faces with super
- ... members navigate the superannuation system. “In an industry that’s crowded with opinion makers, industry groups and lobbyists, it’s important that consumers themselves have a much stronger voice,” Ms ...
- 21 June 2019 in Superannuation
33Practical ways to get money without a job
- ... topics, consider signing up for a focus group. Market research companies typically fund focus group discussions to determine the perception, opinion and attitude of a target demographic about certain products ...
- 11 June 2019 in Side hustle
34Millennials v Gen Z: How they spend, save and work
- ... Gen Z appreciate government as an institution, embrace its promise and look for it as leadership. However, they are frustrated with inaction and, as a result, have a low opinion of the government. Are ...
- 21 May 2019 in Salary
35How this rare wealth threshold shift impacts you
- ... should also have robust tax risk management processes in place before taking a tax position that could attract the ATO’s attention. This could include seeking legal advice or an expert opinion in the form ...
- 12 April 2019 in Tax saving
36Top six ways to spot a performer in equity markets
- ... s are so readily available, particularly in a low-interest rate environment. We would caution that, in our opinion, not all active management fees are fully justified, but in the main we do believe it ...
- 05 April 2019 in Property
37Shareholder revolt: How investors are influencing Australian companies
- Company boards are being increasingly surprised by the direction of shareholder votes and opinions in the post-royal commission environment, according to a new study. Link Market Services’ AGM Snapshot, ...
- 20 February 2019 in Shares
38Five essential tools for active investors
- ... a hold on the weekly figure. I also use these alerts as a prompt to contact property managers and discuss my properties and their local market. These chats reveal their opinions and numbers of vacancy ...
- 08 February 2019 in Investment insights
39New political party for retirees in the works
- ... ensuring the opinions and concerns of members, trustees, advisers, brokers, auditors and accountants are heard,” Mr Abbott said. The party, he said, will endorse candidates for Senate and House of Representatives ...
- 31 January 2019 in Superannuation
408 ways to maximise returns on property in a down market
- ... stage, it may be worthwhile to host a mock inspection with those in the neighbourhood. “That way, you’re able to get their opinions and speak to them about it as a buyer audience,” he said. It is important ...
- 23 January 2019 in Property
What should retirees do about the COVID-19 outbreak?
Self managed super fund
SMSF-owned property and the provision of rent relief
Will my income protection insurance cover COVID-19?
The space race, the GFC and COVID-19
What the heck is with robots and tech - ETFs explained
Find super’s sweet spot
Why we’ll keep delivering for our communities in the face of COVID-19
As Australia tries to keep pace with a rapidly changing business and social landscape in the wake of COVID-19, Momentum Media is leading the way delivering essential content to our communities, writes Alex Whitlock, director of Nest Egg.