1Interest rate cut or continued standstill? Economists’ opinions divided ...
- As household debt skyrockets, one financial expert insists interest rates may be forced to fall sooner rather than later. However, other economists say such a move by the RBA is still highly unlikely. ...
- 14 November 2018 in Savings account
2Investor-only loans clampdown divides opinion ...
- Australian investors are split on recent regulatory measures set by APRA and ASIC on the housing investor segment, with a majority sceptical it will slow property investment. A straw poll of Nest ...
- 10 May 2017 in Property
3The Many Financial Markets and How to Trade Them
- ... the foreign exchange (“forex”) market, which in our opinion is the most suitable place to be for ordinary people who want to learn to profit from trading. The forex market is perhaps what we can call semi-regulated, ...
- 25 March 2020 in Sponsored features
4Lessons learnt from last market correction
- ... the ‘dawn’, it can’t come quick enough for any of us, but consensus opinion seems to be its going to be fairly dark over the next three to six months, while ironically apparent progress made in China may ...
- 24 March 2020 in Shares
5Buying, selling or renting property in the UK? Things have changed
- The United Kingdom has just announced its first budget under new Chancellor Rishi Sunak. There are ongoing concerns about how the budget will balance — in other words, there are a lot of red numbers in ...
- 13 March 2020 in Investment insights
6Is my superannuation safe from coronavirus?
- ... Pape is of the opinion that now is as good a time as any to be reviewing your risk strategy. CHOICE has reiterated the accepted wisdom “that younger people can have their super invested with a more high ...
- 10 March 2020 in Superannuation
7Australia’s private credit market options on the table
- For years, institutional investors have led the market focus on equities, writes Paul Shaw. About 47 per cent of their allocations have been dedicated to listed equities and 3 per cent to listed property, ...
- 05 March 2020 in Investment insights
8Would you buy a home with a stranger?
- ... collective buying power to achieve what they otherwise would not be capable of – and in Ms Vesely’s opinion, “personally improve their housing situation”. “If we had asked you five to 10 years ago whether ...
- 18 February 2020 in Property
9Increased interest in unlisted infrastructure forecast for 2020
- The reduction in interest rates and term deposits – and the outlook that they will remain lower for longer – has created a challenge for those investors and retirees who want a stable and predictable source ...
- 02 February 2020 in Investment insights
103 common SMSF errors and how to avoid them
- ... for amateurs, but for professionals as well. The investment expert said this has been the case for “30 to 40 years at least now”. In Mr Brycki’s opinion, people shouldn’t be focused on those market ...
- 15 January 2020 in Self managed super fund
11Impact of blazing bushfires leaves cost of inaction obvious
- ... present disaster. Although no official opinion polls have been released, the current veil of contempt for the PM is palpable across social media outlets. Multiple derogatory hashtags are trending on ...
- 09 January 2020 in Investment insights
12Is monetary policy accelerating growth?
- ... opinion on the global outlook, although he highlighted the potential volatility in 2020. “We think Australian equities will benefit from the resulting improvements in the geopolitical outlook, particularly ...
- 17 December 2019 in Cash
13Do younger and older Aussies have the same housing needs?
- ... detached house and generally aim to have three bedrooms in that home,” the AHURI found. However, when it comes to the future of the property market, older and younger Aussies differ on their opinions. ...
- 11 December 2019 in Property
1410 golden rules for investment
- ... where we think the market is going this year. We don’t know,” the advisers said. But neither does anyone else, “though it doesn’t stop most market commenters from offering their ‘expert’ opinion”, they ...
- 02 December 2019 in Retirement Planning
15ATO delivers warning against 8 types of super scheme
- ... the ATO has asked taxpayers to make sure they are receiving ethical professional advice when undertaking retirement planning. It emphasised the importance of seeking a second opinion from a trusted and ...
- 22 November 2019 in Self managed super fund
16Is the hospitality sector a ‘future proof’ investment in the face of digital disruption?
- Promoted by Stronghold. Opinion piece by Steve de Nys, Head of Property at Stronghold Investment Services The global economy is changing. Digital disruption and new technology are interrupting not ...
- 14 November 2019 in Sponsored features
17Rot from the top: Aussies slam financial services ethics
- ... with just under one in two respondents again indicating their expectation for no improvement in ethical behaviours. With low opinions across the board for executives, it should come as no surprise then ...
- 13 November 2019 in Banking
18ASIC slammed for ‘fake news’ SMSF fact sheet
- ... to SMSF software provider BGL. “The document, in our opinion, contains numerous calculation and logic errors,” BGL said. Data released by BGL, using the almost 180,000 SMSF clients on its Simple ...
- 28 October 2019 in Self managed super fund
19Pros and cons of investing in ETFs
- ... wanted out?” He said, “of course, we are going to have disruptions”, but it’s not just the ETF holders, in his opinion. ETFs are moving markets The panel went on to consider capital inflows and ...
- 25 October 2019 in Mutual funds
20Who’s to blame for banks not passing on savings?
- ... has gone after the banks, expressing the opinion that the banks have put profits before customers in their refusal to pass on the full rate reduction. “The banks have a lot of explaining to do,” were ...
- 21 October 2019 in Property
RBA reveals April cash rate call
Working from home? Filing a 2019-20 tax return just got easier
Why we aren’t heading for a great depression
Real estate agents warned not to advise tenants on super
What the heck is with robots and tech - ETFs explained
Find super’s sweet spot
Why we’ll keep delivering for our communities in the face of COVID-19
As Australia tries to keep pace with a rapidly changing business and social landscape in the wake of COVID-19, Momentum Media is leading the way delivering essential content to our communities, writes Alex Whitlock, director of Nest Egg.