1Interest rate cut or continued standstill? Economists’ opinions divided ...
- As household debt skyrockets, one financial expert insists interest rates may be forced to fall sooner rather than later. However, other economists say such a move by the RBA is still highly unlikely. ...
- 14 November 2018 in Savings account
2Investor-only loans clampdown divides opinion ...
- Australian investors are split on recent regulatory measures set by APRA and ASIC on the housing investor segment, with a majority sceptical it will slow property investment. A straw poll of Nest ...
- 10 May 2017 in Property
3Would you buy a home with a stranger?
- ... collective buying power to achieve what they otherwise would not be capable of – and in Ms Vesely’s opinion, “personally improve their housing situation”. “If we had asked you five to 10 years ago whether ...
- 18 February 2020 in Property
4Increased interest in unlisted infrastructure forecast for 2020
- The reduction in interest rates and term deposits – and the outlook that they will remain lower for longer – has created a challenge for those investors and retirees who want a stable and predictable source ...
- 02 February 2020 in Investment insights
53 common SMSF errors and how to avoid them
- ... for amateurs, but for professionals as well. The investment expert said this has been the case for “30 to 40 years at least now”. In Mr Brycki’s opinion, people shouldn’t be focused on those market ...
- 15 January 2020 in Self managed super fund
6Impact of blazing bushfires leaves cost of inaction obvious
- ... present disaster. Although no official opinion polls have been released, the current veil of contempt for the PM is palpable across social media outlets. Multiple derogatory hashtags are trending on ...
- 09 January 2020 in Investment insights
7Is monetary policy accelerating growth?
- ... opinion on the global outlook, although he highlighted the potential volatility in 2020. “We think Australian equities will benefit from the resulting improvements in the geopolitical outlook, particularly ...
- 17 December 2019 in Cash
8Do younger and older Aussies have the same housing needs?
- ... detached house and generally aim to have three bedrooms in that home,” the AHURI found. However, when it comes to the future of the property market, older and younger Aussies differ on their opinions. ...
- 11 December 2019 in Property
910 golden rules for investment
- ... where we think the market is going this year. We don’t know,” the advisers said. But neither does anyone else, “though it doesn’t stop most market commenters from offering their ‘expert’ opinion”, they ...
- 02 December 2019 in Retirement planning
10ATO delivers warning against 8 types of super scheme
- ... the ATO has asked taxpayers to make sure they are receiving ethical professional advice when undertaking retirement planning. It emphasised the importance of seeking a second opinion from a trusted and ...
- 22 November 2019 in Self managed super fund
11Is the hospitality sector a ‘future proof’ investment in the face of digital disruption?
- Promoted by Stronghold. Opinion piece by Steve de Nys, Head of Property at Stronghold Investment Services The global economy is changing. Digital disruption and new technology are interrupting not ...
- 14 November 2019 in Sponsored features
12Rot from the top: Aussies slam financial services ethics
- ... with just under one in two respondents again indicating their expectation for no improvement in ethical behaviours. With low opinions across the board for executives, it should come as no surprise then ...
- 13 November 2019 in Banking
13ASIC slammed for ‘fake news’ SMSF fact sheet
- ... to SMSF software provider BGL. “The document, in our opinion, contains numerous calculation and logic errors,” BGL said. Data released by BGL, using the almost 180,000 SMSF clients on its Simple ...
- 28 October 2019 in Self managed super fund
14Pros and cons of investing in ETFs
- ... wanted out?” He said, “of course, we are going to have disruptions”, but it’s not just the ETF holders, in his opinion. ETFs are moving markets The panel went on to consider capital inflows and ...
- 25 October 2019 in Mutual funds
15Who’s to blame for banks not passing on savings?
- ... has gone after the banks, expressing the opinion that the banks have put profits before customers in their refusal to pass on the full rate reduction. “The banks have a lot of explaining to do,” were ...
- 21 October 2019 in Property
16Property investors bullish on the market
- ... cent of investors expressed the opinion that coastal locations are the most appealing place to buy, while investors previously scared by the mining collapse are cautious of mining towns, with just 1 per ...
- 04 October 2019 in Property
17Freelancing Series: Charging per hour or per project?
- ... hours. Should you charge per hour or per project? There are differing opinions on which between charging on a per project or hourly basis is the fair pricing model. But before discussing how to price ...
- 03 October 2019 in Side hustle
18Are we reaching the end of the monetary policy rope?
- ... Bank of Australia’s (RBA) governor has “virtually” said monetary policy in Australia is no longer effective, and the institute has expressed the opinion that such an economic burden should be taken up ...
- 02 October 2019 in Cash
19School banking under scrutiny
- ... while children are at school and through to later years. Community opinions will help inform the regulator’s development of high-level principles on the implementation of school banking programs, it ...
- 01 October 2019 in Savings account
20Reporting season winners and losers: Where to invest
- The August reporting season revealed markets facing low growth, low interest rates and falling consumer confidence, but one portfolio manager has indicated that it is still possible for investors to get ...
- 09 September 2019 in Stock market