21Rot from the top: Aussies slam financial services ethics
- ... with just under one in two respondents again indicating their expectation for no improvement in ethical behaviours. With low opinions across the board for executives, it should come as no surprise then ...
- 13 November 2019 in Banking
22ASIC slammed for ‘fake news’ SMSF fact sheet
- ... to SMSF software provider BGL. “The document, in our opinion, contains numerous calculation and logic errors,” BGL said. Data released by BGL, using the almost 180,000 SMSF clients on its Simple ...
- 28 October 2019 in Self managed super fund
23Pros and cons of investing in ETFs
- ... wanted out?” He said, “of course, we are going to have disruptions”, but it’s not just the ETF holders, in his opinion. ETFs are moving markets The panel went on to consider capital inflows and ...
- 25 October 2019 in Mutual funds
24Should you borrow a business loan to start your business?
- ... loan may not always be the best option. Even if you ask experienced business owners, you may be met with conflicting opinions: some may caution you against going into debt, while others may support the ...
- 25 October 2019 in Loans
25Who’s to blame for banks not passing on savings?
- ... has gone after the banks, expressing the opinion that the banks have put profits before customers in their refusal to pass on the full rate reduction. “The banks have a lot of explaining to do,” were ...
- 21 October 2019 in Property
26Property investors bullish on the market
- ... cent of investors expressed the opinion that coastal locations are the most appealing place to buy, while investors previously scared by the mining collapse are cautious of mining towns, with just 1 per ...
- 04 October 2019 in Property
27Freelancing Series: Charging per hour or per project?
- ... hours. Should you charge per hour or per project? There are differing opinions on which between charging on a per project or hourly basis is the fair pricing model. But before discussing how to price ...
- 03 October 2019 in Side hustle
28Are we reaching the end of the monetary policy rope?
- ... Bank of Australia’s (RBA) governor has “virtually” said monetary policy in Australia is no longer effective, and the institute has expressed the opinion that such an economic burden should be taken up ...
- 02 October 2019 in Cash
29School banking under scrutiny
- ... while children are at school and through to later years. Community opinions will help inform the regulator’s development of high-level principles on the implementation of school banking programs, it ...
- 01 October 2019 in Savings account
30Reporting season winners and losers: Where to invest
- The August reporting season revealed markets facing low growth, low interest rates and falling consumer confidence, but one portfolio manager has indicated that it is still possible for investors to get ...
- 09 September 2019 in Stock market
31Welcome to the new nestegg!
- ... to readers and will encompass news, original content, resources and expert opinions from those working in the industry. If you haven’t subscribed yet to our free daily newsletters, you can do so here! ...
- 04 September 2019 in Earn
323 simple ways to get good advice
- ... the difference between opinions and advice. “Put simply, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, they often lack the weight of evidence to make them valuable,” according to Mr Waters. “On the ...
- 30 August 2019 in Retirement Planning
33Weathering a weak sharemarket: 6 tips for investors
- ... so) is unlikely, and given that shares are cheap relative to bonds, we continue to see sharemarkets as being higher on a six to 12-month horizon”. Tempering his opinion on the likelihood of a recession ...
- 26 August 2019 in Stock market
34Trading in the era of Twitter
- ... the US and China, his opinion on cryptocurrencies, and advice for investors when the market is moving in a downward direction. Thanks, Gurdas, for sharing your insights with the nestegg podcast team! ...
- 20 August 2019 in Podcast
35Commercial property presents new opportunities for avid investors
- ... signs, with yields tightening in most locations even where the economic fundamentals, such as the resource-driven Perth and Brisbane, remain under some pressure,” he said. In Mr Street’s opinion, it’s ...
- 16 August 2019 in Property
36Bitcoin and why we ‘ain’t seen nothing yet’
- ... Aleks reveals why he continues to buy Bitcoin every day, his opinion on the stigma surrounding cryptocurrencies and the difference between Bitcoin now and in its peak. He also discusses his thoughts ...
- 06 August 2019 in Podcast
37The big challenges Scott Morrison faces with super
- ... members navigate the superannuation system. “In an industry that’s crowded with opinion makers, industry groups and lobbyists, it’s important that consumers themselves have a much stronger voice,” Ms ...
- 21 June 2019 in Superannuation
38Practical ways to get money without a job
- ... topics, consider signing up for a focus group. Market research companies typically fund focus group discussions to determine the perception, opinion and attitude of a target demographic about certain products ...
- 11 June 2019 in Side hustle
39Millennials v Gen Z: How they spend, save and work
- ... Gen Z appreciate government as an institution, embrace its promise and look for it as leadership. However, they are frustrated with inaction and, as a result, have a low opinion of the government. Are ...
- 21 May 2019 in Salary
40How this rare wealth threshold shift impacts you
- ... should also have robust tax risk management processes in place before taking a tax position that could attract the ATO’s attention. This could include seeking legal advice or an expert opinion in the form ...
- 12 April 2019 in Tax saving